125th Anniversary

2014 was a special year for Newry Baptist as we celebrated the 125th anniversary of the formation of the church.  The first meeting was held on Saturday 14th December 1889 in the home of a Mr. Orr who lived in Sugar Island. His home was used for some time but as numbers grew the meetings were held in Maytown and later in a temporary hall in Fivemilehill.  In 1970 the present building at Downshire Place was purchased.

DSC05327

 

Phototastic-2014-11-16-19-52-18               Phototastic-2014-12-16-21-13-23

 

Phototastic-2014-12-16-21-17-06